Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday I mentioned that I had received a big delivery of cigars. Today I continue sampling bundles from the order. First up is the Famous Nicaraguan 1000 Robusto in a natural wrapper, a medium bodied value cigar sold by Famous Smoke Shop. The cigar is 5 x 50 in dimension and there were no perceptible defects in the construction. It has a very good draw and it lit easily. Flavor was bland for the first quarter inch, then became fuller. I didn't get a lot of complex tastes; if they're there, they're too subtle for my crude palate. It just had a good flavor.

I think the best praise I can bring is to say that I forgot this was a value cigar, and smoked it to the nub as if it was a good premium. The burn was even, and the ash was very firm and incredibly white. Draw was smooth throughout the whole cigar, and it never overheated. I hope the whole bundle is as good as this first cigar.

I'll smoke another cigar later today. I have one more value bundle to sample, two five packs, and two boxes of what I hope are very good premium cigars.

No comments:

Post a Comment